Held every two years, this Airbus competition asks students to develop ideas for an eco-efficient aviation industry, with winners sharing the top prize of €30,000 and the runners-up receiving €15,000
Innovation is at the heart of all global development and it is by thinking big that mankind can meet seemingly impossible challenges. With the third Fly Your Ideas challenge – part of the visionary Future by Airbus Programme – Airbus is asking students to think big too, and propose an idea to address one of the following 21st century challenges for greener aviation.
These challenges are:
- Energy Efficiency
- Affordable Growth
- Traffic Growth
- Passenger Experience
- Community Friendly
- 30th November 2012: Registration deadline
- 3rd September 2012 – 7th December 2012: Round 1 – Proposal
- January – April 2013: Round 2 – Project
- May – June 2013: Round 3 – Presentation
- June 2013: Final presentation and awards – top selected teams will present their ideas to a
- panel of Airbus and industry experts.
The winners of FYI 2013 will share the top prize of €30,000; the runners-up €15,000.
More importantly, students participating can also benefit / gain from:
- Interaction with and coaching from Airbus employees
- The chance to develop their teamwork skills
- The opportunity to enhance creativity and innovation skills
- The chance to improve their project development & presentation skills
- Working with other nationalities
- Learning more about Airbus and the aviation industry
- Feedback on their ideas from industry experts
For any inquiries regarding Airbus Fly Your Ideas, please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.