Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca
Facultatea de Business
in partnership with
Universitatea din Oradea,
Facultatea de Ştiinţe Economice,
Departamentul de Economie
THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE – EHI’12
ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Innovation in Hospitality
October 11-12, 2012
Under the patronage of SMART+ project,
subproject Innovative and Responsible Tourism Territories – IART Territories
|– Smaranda COSMA
– Adina NEGRUŞA
– Crina PETRESCU
– Liciniu KOVACS
– Mihaela TUTUNEA
– Valentin TOADER
– Marius BOTA
– Oana GICĂ
|– Anca Otilia DODESCU
– Alina BĂDULESCU
– Elena BOTEZAT
– Olimpia BAN
– Ioana POP COHUT
– Monica Maria COROŞ
– Veronica RUS
– Aurelian SOFICĂ
The „Entrepreneurship in the Hospitality Industry” Conference EHI’12 invites electronic submissions of full papers no later than the 1st of June, 2012.
Papers concerning theoretical and practical contributions to the hospitality industry are welcome.
The aim of the conference is to provide an opportunity for presenting, exchanging information and discussing research outcomes and sharing experiences in the field of innovation in hospitality among academics, researchers and practitioners, consultants, industry experts, PhD students and any other categories interested in hospitality and tourism development all over the world. Academic research, post-doctoral research, PhD research, best practices, projects, relevant case studies and work-in-progress/posters are welcomed approaches.
Conference Main Topics
– Global crisis’ impact upon the hospitality industry;
– EU and tourism: programs, projects, funding opportunities;
– Sustainable development of tourism;
– Tourism and economic development at regional and local level;
– Entrepreneurial dimensions in tourism and economic growth;
– Entrepreneurial challenges in tourism;
– New venture creation in tourism;
– Entrepreneurship policy and tourism;
– Ecopreneurship and tourism;
– Women entrepreneurship in tourism;
– Social entrepreneurship, social innovation and tourism;
– Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in tourism;
– Economic impact upon tourism and hospitality industry;
– Good practices in tourism governance, policy-making and management;
– Education and training in tourism and hospitality;
– Tour operator and travel agency relations in tourism;
– Tourism Networks;
– Innovation in tourism.
– Hospitality marketing and branding strategies;
– Marketing research and hospitality;
– Human resources strategies for tourism and hospitality industry;
– Financial management and financial feasibilities in the hospitality industry;
– Hotel industry development and management;
– Quality service strategies for the hospitality industry;
– Restaurant and foodservice industry management;
– Information technology development for the hospitality industry;
– Accounting techniques in the hospitality industry.
Types of Tourism
– Leisure and entertainment industry;
– Green hospitality;
– Cultural and heritage tourism development;
– Events management and planning;
– Tourism policy and strategies for governments and cities/regions;
– Rural tourism;
– Tourism online;
– Best practices;
– Relevant Case studies etc.
Faculty of Business
Horea Str. No. 7, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Zip code: 400174
– 1st of June – full paper submission
– 15th of August – notification of paper Acceptance / Rejection
– 15th of September – registration fee payment
Participants should send the complete papers in English until June 1st, 2012.
All papers are limited to six pages including abstract, max. 5 key words and JEL classification (http://www.aeaweb.org/journal/jel_class_system.html), tables, figures, references and cover page (title, name and affiliation, email). DO NOT INCLUDE ANY AUTHOR INFORMATION on any page of the paper, as papers will be double-blind reviewed. Papers that do not conform to these specifications will be rejected.
Please submit your paper(s) in MS Word format. (Please respect the following format – Word-file):
Style Guide for Authors
Authors may submit more than one paper, but only one can be accepted as first author.
The acceptance of a paper implies that at least one of the authors must attend the conference and present the paper.
The paper’s content must be structured as it follows:
2. Material and method(s)
3. Results and discussions
The complete papers should be uploaded online.
Publication of Papers
The papers accepted at the conference will be published in the Conference Proceedings ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY – EHI’12, in printed and electronic format. The publication in the Conference’s Proceedings is conditioned by the compliance with the deadlines and the registration rules, by the acceptance of the paper and the payment of the participation fee.
Papers recommended by the Scientific Committee will be published in extended version (no more than 8 pages using the same format) in the Studia Negotia Babes-Bolyai Journal, indexed in the International Databases: EBSCO and CEEOL (www.tbs.ubbcluj.ro/studianegotia.html), after a peer review evaluation process of Editorial Board.
The registration fee per paper is 100 EUR.
The account for the registration fee in EURO is RO 35 BTRL 0670 4205 2743 92XX SWIFT BTRLRO 22
Asociatia Transilvania Business School
Str. N. Titulescu Nr.8 Bl. P3, Et.3, ap.17
Please write – in the message section – conference fee for EHI’12.
The registration fee includes the conference materials (conference proceedings, conference map and other materials), coffee breaks, lunch and dinner for both, the 11th and the 12th of October, 2012.
For more information please write at:
or phone: +40-264-599170